It's Wednesday today, and I wanted to share another one of the layouts I created with The Paper Niche's June Design kit. For this one, I tried something totally different from what I'm usually used to doing, and I have to confess, I'm not sure I like it, nor love it, like I do most of the things I create.... As I'm typing here, I'm trying to convince myself it's ok, and it's not too messy hahaha.... I was going for an "old, vintage, distressed" layout....like the kind of page you find in one of your super old albums from back in the day when you had no clue about a "acid free" and "specialty" cardstock....I thought adding the FabScrap distressed paper in the back would definitely evoke that feeling...the picture I used was the reasoning for all this as it looked faded and old...... I did however want to bring out some of the color in the picture, which is the reason of all the red on this layout...and that's where I went all WRONG! lol
As I'm looking at the picture of the layout right now as I type, I think I might have done without the middle red border...it kind of stands out way too much and just adds anther pattern repetition (circles) that competes way too much for my taste with my chicken wire sponged background.......it's just not vintage looking.....I might just rip it off completely....I'm not sure just yet....hahaha the things you realize after you take some pictures, huh?
I want to post it as is, because like Tim Holtz says, it's good to embrace imperfection sometimes...and also, it's good to share that not everything ends up turning out as perfect as you want it to on your first try.
I get a lot of emails from people asking for advice, for ideas, and recommendations, and also explaining how frustrated they get when their projects don't turn out the way they hoped for. This post is my way of sharing how it happens to me too sometimes, and is my way of saying: YOU are NOT alone :)Lindy's Stamp Gang products to alter the chipboard flourishes that I included on the layout. I love spraying Starburst Stains and adding shimmery embossing powders to change the look of the chipboard elements I use on my layouts. Love all the texture.
Before the end of the week I'll have another masculine (and totally cool layout I must say---I really LOVE how that one came out, and can't wait to show you!). Until then!