Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Stamping...on my nails!!!

Hey everyone!
I wanted to share today a little stamping project I did. This time I stamped on my nails instead of on paper, and I loved the way it came out. I've done this several times before, and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.
For this manicure, I used Essie's Borrowed & Blue (purchased at The Polish Boutique) as the base color, and Essie's Blue Rhapsody for the stamping. Yes, you don't necessarily need to use special polish for the stamping. I find that metallic polishes work very well for stamping on your nails, so if you have a variety of those, you don't need to go and spend money on more expensive special stamping polishes, if you want to try this. There are a variety of different companies who make the stamping plates you use to create your designs on your nails, and prices for those vary.
The plate I used is a Cheeky one (#CH06) from their Vibrant Collection. Love the flower pattern. Here's what my finished, manicure looked like right after I cleaned off the edges with pure acetone (hence the dry skin around the nails), but I seem to hate waiting for the nails to dry, and apply lotion before taking the pictures I share. Why? I have no clue. Patience is a virtue, and one that escapes me from time to time lol.
Remember to follow me on my Instagram account, which is mainly where I post my manicures. Most that I do, don't get posted here, since I paint my nails so often, and this is mainly a scrapbooking/card-making/crafting blog, so if you don't want to miss any of my polish pics, just follow me there. I actually posted a picture of the manicure before the stamping there, to share the beautiful Borrowed & Blue color, which by the way is my new favorite!
I hope you enjoyed today's nail post, and give nail stamping a try. It's not as hard as it looks! Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...