Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Red White and Blue

Hi everyone!
Hope you're all having a nice summer time. Today I wanted to share another "patriotic" layout. I used The Paper Niche's July Design Kit to put this together, but I added one type of embellishment from my stash. You see, I wanted to create the "look" of fireworks at the top of the layout, since this was my daughter's first 4th of July part, and we saw the fireworks that night.
I used beaded sprays from my stash at the top of the page to simulate the fireworks. They were the perfect colors for the layout, and I really liked the way the light reflected on the beads, so I went ahead and added them.
All the papers you see here are from Authentique's Brave Collection. Love the Webster's pages fabric lollie flowers, as well as the Prima roses used on the bottom of the layout.

I layered some lace and added a banner across the top of the layout, which I cut myself with some detail scissors, and hung on a twine line. I used the two kinds of alphas included in the kit for both the title and small journaling lines. I distressed the big white alpha letters with my Distress Inks in the colors Weathered Wood and Antique Linen.
Simple, sweet ,and right to the point. I've been wanting to scrap these pictures for a long time, and   these were the perfect papers to use. Hope you liked it!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...