Monday, July 16, 2012

Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos™ Colors

Hi everyone!
I'm super excited to be sharing a project I made after playing with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft products. I was honored to be chosen to be part of their Brand Ambassador Team for 2012, and have been having a great time creating. If you're a new visitor, I want o welcome you, and thank you for stopping by my blog. Remember, to not miss any other post, just click on the "Join this site" button on the right side of the page. You'll always be informed on your dashboard once I publish a new post. If you like watching crafty videos, also click on the "subscribe" button right on top of that and don't miss any of my crafty videos :)
Today, I want to focus on Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos™Colors. They are basically creamy sticks infused with brilliant color. The color slides easily onto papers, and can then be dissolved with water to create watercolor effects, or left to dry for vibrant bursts of color.  You can try stamping with the http://www.fabercastell.com/design-memory-craft/products/categories/gelatos, or apply a field of color, and use a stamp to remove the color. They work wonderfully on flocked papers and embellishments too. They are acid-free and odorless.
The Gelatos™Colors are super fun to work with, and the things you can do with them are really cool. I don't know if you've come across them at your local craft store, but my Michael's has them, and they look so pretty on the display. When you see them you won't be able to resist...they look just like chapstics! Talk about appealing to the eye! They also kind of work like chapsticks, because you just twist the packaging to reveal more product when you need it. Cool, huh? The fact that they blend easily and smoothly with, or without water, is my favorite quality of all.
For today's project, I created a self standing canvas piece, which will be a gift for my mother in law. Her birthday is coming up soon, and I thought she would enjoy having a piece like this somewhere in her home.






I created a step by step video tutorial on how I created this project, and you can watch it below:



For more information, techniques, and ideas on these, and other Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft products,  please check out the links below:
Website: http://www.designmemorycraft.com
Blog: http://designmemorycraft.typepad.com/design-memory-craft
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/designmemcraft
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DesignMemoryCraft
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/designmemcraft
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/designmemorycraft

Disclousure: I was compensated for my time to design and share this project, and was provided with the products to use, but all ideas, projects, and opinions are my own, and unbiased.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, What a cute project. Love how you incorporated the balloons to make it seems like she was holding them. Super cute.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana! I thought that was the perfect pose for that. Love that picture!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being chosen to be part of the team for 2012. Your stand up canvas came out great. Love how vibrant it looks and the picture is adorable and I love the use of the balloons (so cute). I like Faber-Castell pens but have not used their gelatos. I can see by your project that they work great. Hugs always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Their Gelatos are really fun to play with. You should definitely give them a try!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...