Friday, July 13, 2012

Pigtail girl: a hair challenge

I've been wanting to practice my Copic hair coloring, and I thought the pigtails on this image would be a nice place to start practicing. I wish I had more time to practice my coloring, and I know that if I did, I would be so much better at it than I am now, but I can honestly say, I have come a LONG way. If you subscribe to my YouTube Channel, you are probably aware of the bumps in the road I've encountered, and how I've improved over the months of practice. I only wish I could get over these bumps faster, ya know? lol
Anyways, this is one of The Greeting Farm Stamp Images from the Anya Bags Stamp set. I was totally intimidated with her hair, but I'm quite happy how it finally turned out. I used My Mind's Eye Vanity Fair Collection, some mulberry paper flowers, lace from my stash as well as some white satin ribbon. Underneath it all there is a white piece of card stock I punched using one of my Martha Stewart Deep Edge Punches.

Copic coloring is definitely a little time consuming (if you are super anal like me lol), and is also a little on the pricey side, but I just LOVE the results you can active with these markers. The blending, the shades, the look is just so cool. What can I say? I love my Copics, and definitely want more time to work with them. Hopefully one day that will happen! lol
On the inside, really simple like always. I usually like to use my scraps on the inside of cards. I don't like to throw anything away, hahaha. I'm I the only on that's this way?
Thanks for stopping by today and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Love your cards! Can you share the colors you used on her hair? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patrice! I used E33, YR21, E99 and E25 :)

      Delete
  2. Ok! how perfect is that hair! Soo cute!!!!
    Dayami :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...