Friday, February 24, 2012

Tag #5

I hope you are not getting sick of tags, because I still have a few more to show you =D. This particular one was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest. It had the two birds kissing, and I just had to get this bird idea into one of these spring tags.
The base of the tag is manila cardstock and I embossed a script stamp made by Stampin up, using Byzantine Bronze embossing powder. I cut out Tim Holtz's bird cage using medium weight chipboard, and I then embossed it using Weeping Willow Green Gold embossing powder. 
 
I also cut out the Tim Holtz birds (from his birdcage die of course), from medium weight chipboard, which I covered in old music paper, and sprayed with Desert Moon Cactus Gold Glitz Spritz.
On top of the birdcage I added a wooden crown I found at my local craft store. I painted the crown in two colors: Alpine Ice Rose and Glory of the Seas Gold. After that, I just added some Kaiser Craft green bling pieces for one more touch of sparkle.
I took a piece of vellum paper and embossed the word Amour using regular black embossing powder. I then punched the word out using my Stampin up label punch. I also finished that with two green bling pieces from Kaiser craft.
The bottom of the tag is made up of a raffia bow, some mulberry paper flowers colored with Alpine Ice Rose and Glory of the Seas Gold , green beaded leaf sprays, and some orange Making Memories crochet lace.
Hope you enjoyed this one. Just two more to go!
P.S. New items added to the store today: Tim Holtz Paper Lines, District Market line and more. Check it out! http://blitsy.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/8250/

40 comments:

  1. My fav is the birds!! I am in love with sheet music and music notes....recent obession in crafts....but have been singing since middle school :o) Anyhoo T4S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ti avevo già detto di essermi innamorata dell'uccellino in gabbia no? Questi mi piacciono ancora di più!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I'm tired of tags...JK! I love to see your work especially these lovely tags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I love the kissing birds. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I love this tag, I think its my favourite so far though its hard to decide as they are all so gorgeous. I love tags, so keep'm coming Sharon. Im always amazed seeing other people tags and how so much work and detail can go in to such a small space. I love your raffia bow and the birds done with the music paper design. Perfect! Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Tag Sharon. Love all the elements. So beautiful
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok so this might be my fave depending on how many are yet to come... thou their all very beautiful... xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow!!! This tag is so beautiful, Sharon! Love all the layers and embellishments... and the colors. Love the two birds facing each other. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This tag reminds me I need to buy a script stamp! Lol TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this tag, so darn cute. Look at those lovebirds, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of all the tags so far -and I've loved each one- this is my favorite! I love everything about it! What a great idea to cut the birds from music paper! The way you kept the symmetry by echoing the color of the flower with the crown- perfection!
    Your tags inspired me to make this card: http://cardsbyann.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/springtime-in-paris/
    -Heather M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute-cute. Can't wait to see more. Love LSG products.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tag is beautiful, love those birds and the bird cage is adorable.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is my favorite tag so far :)
    The birds are cute covered in music!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another beautiful tag. I just love TH dies. Love the bow. TFS
    Evelyn (Evinadas)
    YT: evl14512

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty Sharon, I like that the birdies are kissing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favourite so far too...I love the little birds and the raffia bow with the flower finishes it off so well xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your tag, very detailed and the background so elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow...I somehow missed this yesterday! Gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this one too! The sheet music is perfect for the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the musical paper for the birds, sheet music and newspaper are 2 of my favorite elements.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I won't get sick of your tags if they are this good! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is so sweet!! one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohhhh those birds are too too sweet!!!! I love this tag!!!
    xoxox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the music notes on the birdies! This is gorgeous!! the flowers, rafia, everything!! AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the paper you used for the birds. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love everything about this tag... The birdcage. The raffia bow. The Musical birds. The colors. The layout. Everything is perfect!

    x0, D

    ReplyDelete
  28. love this birds :) really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is by far my favorite tag you've created!!! OMG!!! I love everything about it! The birds, the bright color, the peachy colored lace! Just simply stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those birds are so sweet! I don't have a die cutting machine, but I can sure try to draw out those birdies myself. Love them!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...