Monday, August 8, 2011

a June Bug birthday!

Hello everyone!
I had this image from Some Odd Girl all colored and ready to use for a birthday card, but when I stared at her, she just looked too "patriotic"to me LOL. I could not get past the fact I had used black, red, white and blue for her outfit! Talk about a dilemma, because I'm not used to working with those colors together like that. I usually go for the oranges, pinks, greens, browns... Well, I soon remembered the June Bug Collection by Basic Grey, and it literally solved my problem.
 I used my oval Nestabilities as well as my Fancy Tags #1 Spellbinder's Set on this card. For the blue strip I used an EK success punch, and for the red corners, a Martha Stewart Corner punch.


















I added some bling at the top and bottom of the image and used my elegant label punch from Stampin' Up, which I love and cannot seem to stop using!

All in all, I think my coloring looks pretty cute, and the June Bug paper collection was the perfect pairing for this card.

2 comments:

  1. wow Sharon!!!Your cards are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the coloring of that doll... so cute!! I'd love to see more of your copic videos. =) TFS.

    x0, D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...