Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Girly Girl

I wanted to share with you today a card I made with no particular thing in mind. I usually make cards with a purpose, with an event, or occasion in mind, but this time around I made it just because. It's using one of the newer Greeting Farm Stamps (Blush Bonnie), which are my all time favorite stamps to color, and the Basic Grey Olivia collection.
I colored the hair and skin using my Copic Markers, and you can see a tutorial video on the hair coloring by clicking HERE. The rest of the image I paper pieced, which I'm hooked on doing now a days.
Used some Nestabilities (my favorite too), some Prima pearls, a rubber embellishment that coordinates with the Olivia collection, a metal rose from my stash to accent her hair, and some beautiful trim I got at Joann's a while back.
I love the fact the trim is soft, and not too dimensional. I thought it went perfect with all the colors of the designer paper. I'm pretty happy how this card came out. After I made it, I knew exactly who the card was for. I'm sending it to a true "girly girl" and I hope she likes it and can appreciate it.

I hope to share with you really soon a mini album I've been working on using this same paper collection (Olivia by Basic Grey). Stay tuned :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. This is gorgeous. I love all the softness and all those fabby textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. That trim is beautiful and goes great on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Love the row of flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon. This is just beautiful! I wanted to say thank you for my flowers/buttons that I used the other day. As you can see I love them and I can't thank you enough for your kindness in giving them to me. I am glad to see you are enjoying my blog. I will keep my fingers crossed for you about the gift certificate. Just think of all the stamps you could get then. lol.. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sharon, Love this card. Super cute.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am on a roll. The mini's are so much fun. Marlene was right about me becoming addicted. I am hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the coloring and that trim is to die for!!! =) TFS.

    x0, Damaris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous job coloring this image! Beautiful card! TFS!
    Maribel
    ilovescrapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. I love your paper-piecing, and your trim. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon, this is beautiful! Love the bling and your colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card Sharon, I love the DP and the flowers...not to mention Babette being the perfect image to top it all off! Fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...