Thursday, May 17, 2012

An Image-less Card

I've been meaning to sit down and blog for days now, but it has become impossible since I've been doing a lot of family stuff, plus I've been helping a friend cleaning, and organizing her craft room,  spending most of my free time with her. My "crafting time", or the time I can dedicate to "artsy, blog and video stuff" is very limited, so lately I've just been doing other things. I did however create this card, and for a change, I did not color an image for it, like I've been doing with my cards lately.
Perfect for Mother's Day, and I wish I would have been able to post it Sunday, right on Mother's Day, but hey, better late than never, right? I used my Stampin up Doily background stamp, which I embossed on a piece of light green vellum using white embossing powder. Underneath the doily I added some gold mesh trim I recently purchased.
For the sentiment I used one of my Spellbinder's Fancy Labels die, and I embossed a sentment from a Unity Stamp set I never had used before. It is called A Mother's Love. I added two gold buttons to the sides of the label, and set the complete embellishment on a mat of kraft cardstock, which I embossed using my Swiss Dot Cuttlebug embossing folder, and glued onto a green card base, in a not so straight manner I might add lol. I always have issues gluing mats straight on my card, not to mention making straight cuts... You think I can blame it on my trimmer?? lol.
I absolutely love this doily stamp and should use it more often. Hope you guys like it!

4 comments:

  1. This card is really pretty. I like the gold trim. Where is that from?
    I know what you mean about the matts never being glued down straight. I go through the same thing. My husband is the one that notices it. I could care less. I used to care. LOL.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana, the trim is from the warehouse down in Miami. Janet and I split it. The mats never being straight drive me insane! lol

      Delete
  2. very pretty and different Sharon. Happy Belated Mother's Day.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...