Saturday, January 14, 2012

Silly Little Boy

Yes, I'm rocking a new look on the blog! Do you like it? I just thought, I needed a change, so I tweaked some things around. It's going to be a work in progress, but I'm liking it right now. I think that for not knowing too much about programing etc, I've been doing pretty well...I just don't feel like spending the money to have someone else make it all look fabulous, when I know I can make it look somewhat  decent myself, and for free! I'd love to hear what you think.

I came across some old pictures I had put away, and I decided to pick a few to scrap, after all, it's been quite a while since I've scrapped pictures that are older than two or three years. I picked these three from when my husband was little, and thought that some of the products included on the Paper Niche's January Design Kit would work very well with the colors in them. Here's what I came up with.
It was my first time splattering paint all over a layout, but I knew I need to make it a little messy and not so clean and "pretty". I stepped out of my comfort zone, and made it work. Love the old, messy, vintage look of this layout. I enjoyed working with these pictures so much that I picked another one to make a different layout which I'll be posting next. Right now, I have to run. Have a fun weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sharon, this layout almost made me cry. It looks so vintage and sweet. It made me think of Gio and how I have NOT made 1 album or layout of him. It really touched my heart in a special way. I am IN LOVE with this layout and I think I just might scrap-lift it. Thank you for sharing it with us...

    And the blog looks so pretty!! I love the new header... LOVE! hehe.

    x0, D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...